Saturday 6 March 2010

Hips Don't Lie

Good day.

You may recall that a couple of months ago I posted the artwork of Sam Airey's debut EP 'Season's Change'. Well, Sam was kind enough to give me some copies of the CD and the packaging looks amazing, if I do say so myself. Sam decided to get the wallets printed with an uncoated soft matte finish, which nicely accentuates the folky qualities of his music. Plus it looks [and feels] awesome!

I also recently completed a new flyer design for the Leeds club night Silver Hips. Like Sam, these dudes are interested in pushing the diversity of print finishes and these flyers are printed on 280 micron uncoated pulp-board.

It really pleases me to see different and innovative ways of promotion and packaging and definitely makes a difference when you see the finished article in the public sector.

I also popped into Hyde Park Records earlier and can highly recommend it if like me, you enjoy flicking through stacks of records trying to find that hidden gem.

Plus the walls are lovingly decorated with Brendan [shop owner] Docherty's magnificent photography amongst other vinyl memorabilia. Brendan has a great eye for photography, so I'd recommend going to check out his Flickr page, especially the Monotonix set [pictured above] as its pretty wild!

Arrivederci

1 comment:

Ian Edward Prentice. said...

As nice as ever buddy.