Wednesday 2 February 2011

Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft

Last Summer I was interviewed by an incredibly pleasant chap called Joe, who was studying Graphics at Liverpool John Moore's University. He was putting together a dissertation which would focus on how promotion effects design and the community around it and vice versa.

This was something I was more than happy to help out with as it's something that I find very interesting as I am a part of the scene where promoters and artists rub shoulders and help each other out.

After compiling all his research he presented his work in a wonderfully bound book, of which he was kind enough to send me a copy. And here are the pictures of the pages I feature on... lovely stuff.

A double page spread of my God is an Astronaut and Sky Larkin posters.

The front cover of the book.

My Born Ruffians and The Acorn poster.

Close up.

A little background info...

The whole book was beautifully presented printed on heavy recycled paper and with stylish little border doodads.

Thanks very much to Joe for sending me a copy plus asking me to help out in the first place. As an artist it's always nice to see your work printed on nice stock and presented with as much care as it was created. Plus it's a very insightful read, so a complete package really...

5 comments:

Sarah said...

looks real nice cam!

Emily Reid said...

I want to see this when I'm home it looks very good!:D

Michael Kalinowski said...

awesomerifical and stupendtistic!!

Alex said...

This is stunning!

I want a copy of this book.. it should be printed out and sold!

Gerlin said...

I was just gonna say the same.. Is there an online version somewhere or can the book be purchased? I could really use it for my own dissertation!